An experienced leader and creative thinker seeking to leverage the skills I’ve gained in the U.S. Navy to design and lead user-centered projects that encompass a wide-range of technologies and various communication mediums.
OBJECT PARTNERS, Omaha, NE July 2020 – Present
- Enable better interaction between clients and their users to help organizations realize their business goals and connect with their customers
- Bridge the divide between stakeholder expectations and user needs to deliver intuitive digital experiences that resonate with people.
- Help clients realize the immense Return on Investment that good design brings to their business.
TIGERPAW SOFTWARE, Omaha, NE June 2019 – July 2020
Product Designer + UI/UX Front-End Developer
- Responsible for creating and shaping the user experience through unique and captivating user interfaces and journeys
- Lead, coordinate, and conduct user research and translate findings into impactful user experience interfaces.
- Create initial concepts and designs, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate vision with senior leadership and stakeholder groups
- Collaborate with users and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle to deliver applications and experiences that are tailored to and benefit the end-user
ORIGINAL ZEN, Omaha, NE March 2016 – Present
Creative Director / Founder
- Work with a diverse range of clients to produce digital and print projects that improve their business
- Create websites that are built on various platforms, including WordPress, Vue, and React, for multiple clients
- Help my clients craft and develop their brand and deliver their message through graphic design work
UNITED STATES NAVY, Various Locations April 2009 – June 2019
- Led large, diverse teams of people and managed multi-million dollar programs and assets in demanding environments
- Assisted the Navy in fielding two of its newest platforms to service: the P-8A Poseidon and the MQ-4C Triton
- Ensured that project requirements were met; created and oversaw programs that led to the successful implementation of both the P-8A and the MQ-4C
EDUCATION | CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Science in Web Design and Development, University of Denver, Denver CO
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Technology, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver, CO
- Commercial Pilot, Single and Multi-Engine Aircraft
- Certified Flight Instructor / Instrument Flight Instructor / Advanced Ground Flight Instructor
- Adobe Creative Suite
- UX Design, Research, and Testing
- Figma / InVision
- High-Fidelity Prototyping
- Graphic Design and Illustration
- HTML5 & CSS3